Tuesday, November 27, 2007

College so far

Well guys, it seems this semester is finally winding down. I say finally like it has dragged on. But honestly and truly it doesn't feel like its been going on at all. It seems just like yesterday that I was dreading having to start again. This year has really flown by though! But at the same time that it feels like it was yesterday that school started, it also seems so long ago. Time has become one of those things that is very relative and very out there. I have almost no concept of time anymore. I really don't understand how I always know which classes to go to and what days I work and have karate. Each day seems so long yet the weeks have been flying by. I don't understand it, but that's how life goes sometimes I guess.
I was so scared my first day of college. I really thought it was going to be incredibly tough, but it really hasn't been. There is a lot more freedom. No bells to tell you when to get to class. Most teachers don't give a crap whether or not you do homework, which is great, but sucks really bad too. Calculus isn't hard, but it would be a lot better if I would just study some. It is amazing though how the few times I've done homework that it takes forever to do one section when I don't have a test really soon, but when the test is in an hour, I can do three sections in thirty minutes, and actually grasp most of the concepts. That amazes me. I only wish I could harness that and use it every time.
I still dread history and lit. I think I am gonna hate both of them. All of the business courses seem like they will be pretty easy though. Or at least interesting. I'm kinda iffy about speech class though. It can be fun, but it can also suck. We'll see.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

hey Matt I'm in my very last English class of the semester right now! hahaha

Poon said...

The lack of caring from the teachers is really hurting them in the end lol.

The less and less students that make it each semester means lower paychecks for them eventually.

Works out in the end I suppose.